Plaza Vision Center is proud to offer dry eye treatment for our patients.
Dry eye, which can damage the surface of the eye, can occur from many factors:
- Certain medications
- Aging and hormone changes
- Systemic diseases such as Sjögren’s syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, or lupus.
- Injury or trauma
- Digital device usage
If you have a mild dry eye, you may experience irritation, excessive tearing, fluctuating vision, and/or a burning sensation of your eyes.
Excessive dry eyes, or dry eye symptoms that go untreated, have the potential to damage eye tissue, scar your corneas, and impair your vision.
Treatment options vary depending on severity. While dry eyes cannot be cured, there are various ways to soften or lessen your symptoms.
- Artificial tears. We advise to avoid the “get the redness” out eye drops as they are not specifically made for dry eyes.
- Medication eye drops such as steroids, Restasis, Xiidra, Cequa
- In office treatments: meibomian gland expression and debridement
- Autologous serum tears
- Amniotic membranes
- Scleral contacts lenses
During your appointment, we will discuss the treatment options that best fits your needs.
If you have any question about dry eye or would like to be seen, please don’t hesitate to contact us today at (214) 969-0467!